Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So... Let's Get Started

Now that we've gotten through some of the background information, it's high time we start with the real meat of this blog.

The Workout Plan

Last week, I started a new workout plan based on a routine I found on Bodybuilding.com.  Basically, it's a full body workout split over five days.  Monday I do chest, Tuesday is bicep, Wednesday is tricep, Thursday is legs, and Friday is Back/Shoulders.  There is a conspicuous lack of ab work in this workout, but I'm not terribly concerned about that at this point, as abs and lower back will be involved in a number of the exercises I do, pretty much daily.  There is also no planned cardio, so I'll be working that in with my wife when she does her workouts.

How I'll Track

One of the most important parts of this whole exercise experiment is the ability to track my progress.  I feel it's key to success, and what I've been missing in the past.  In order to make things a little easier, I've set up an account on DailyBurn.com.  If you've never seen this site, I highly recommend you check it out.  It's really easy to use, and it tracks nutrition, exercise, and body measurements.  It also allows you to set up your own custom workouts and share them with the other users.  My workout is called the Five-Day-a-Week Full Body Program.

If you're interested in how things are going, feel free to check out my profile, also known as a "locker room".  There's a chart there that can be used to check out any of my lifts.

So What's This Blog?

I'm going to continue to write AverageGeekWorkoutPlan, but I think I'm going to switch its focus more to general articles on weight training, exercise, nutrition, and supplementation.  If you're interested in my progress, check out my DailyBurn.com profile, but if you're interested in my opinion, stay right here on AverageGeekWorkoutPlan.

No comments:

Post a Comment