Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why I'm "Average"

So, in my previous post I gave you a picture of my athletic "prowess", or lack there-of.  In the interest of time and space (I tend to get wordy), I thought I'd break this section out into its own post.  I call it, Why I'm "Average".

What I mean by "average"

When I use the word "average", I'm making a statement on my lifestyle.  I am a normal 29-year-old guy, married, no kids, 8 to 5 job, with friends and a social life.  I am not a gym-rat body-builder, nor do I have any aspirations to become that.  "Average" also means that I probably have the same goals as most normal guys my age, which are to lose a bit of weight, put on a little muscle, and as Lester Burnham put it in American Beauty, "look good naked".  However, just like other normal non-gym-rats, I'm not willing to sacrifice living a life to achieve those goals.  Being in shape is good, but I really don't think you should have to commit to a life at the gym, eating only dry chicken breasts and rice, to do it.

"Average" also means that I'm pretty much normal when it comes to being able to gain muscle and lose weight.  I'm not genetically gifted, nor am I willing to sacrifice my twig-n-berries to steroids to gain muscle faster.  I am, however, willing to try ceratin things to see if they work (i.e. certain supplements, reasonable diets, etc).  I want to be fit and be happy with my social life.  I don't think this is too much to ask.

If any of this sounds like you, then read on.  There are plenty of websites out there for muscle-heads.  Not a whole lot for us "average" guys.  Hopefully I can fill in the blank, and maybe we'll both learn something along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment